Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io> on 2018/05/02 12:16:13 UTC

[Lucene/Solr Jira] Automatic validation of Patch through Jenkins

Hi,
I was taking a look to the way a patch is validated automatically in the
Solr Jira,
from the documentation[1] it seems when the patch is submitted an automated
Jenkins job is going to run within 12 hours ( if the naming convention is
respected ):

This is the Jenkins job :
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SOLR-Build/

I submitted 4 days ago a couple of patches :

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12238 -> No Jenkins job triggered

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12243 -> first patch triggered
the Jenkins job, the second one didn't

I don't have Jenkins admin rights and I have not investigated that side too
much, as I was expecting this to "just work" .
Have I missed anything ?

Regards

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute#Generating_a_patch
--------------------------
Alessandro Benedetti
www.sease.io

Re: [Lucene/Solr Jira] Automatic validation of Patch through Jenkins

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
Hi Steve,
thanks for the support.
I spent some time yesterday experimenting and testing, and adding a new
patch to the mentioned Jira issues ( which are already in a "Patch
Available" status) and I definitely saw the jobs being queued by Jenkins (
https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-SOLR-Build/# ) , they were listed
with Job Id 72-73 and 74 if i am correct.
But mysteriously they are gone today and they are replaced with the same
Job Id but different Jira issue.
This is very weird and it seems Jenkins side.
Unfortunately I don't have any admin rights so I am not sure what is going
on :(
Is anyone here with jenkins admin rights and knowledge to check?

Regards

Alessandro Benedetti
www.sease.io

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.