Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Davide Gesino <wi...@libero.it> on 2008/04/22 16:01:40 UTC

create artifacts from WSDL published on the internet

It is possible to generate java artifacts and stubs with wsdl2java loading
the wsdl file from the internet? (something like
http://myhost:myport/service?wsdl )

Re: create artifacts from WSDL published on the internet

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 22 April 2008, Davide Gesino wrote:
> It is possible to generate java artifacts and stubs with wsdl2java
> http://myhost:myport/service?wsdl )

It should just work if you use that url as a the wsdl location on the
command line.   The "tricky" part may be some of the special characters
in the url like the ":" and the "?".   You might need to escape them or
maybe put the whole thing in quotes  (cannot remember if it's single or
double quotes) to make sure the shell doesn't try to do something wacky
with it.

For example, I can run:
wsdl2java -d gen \
http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/AWSECommerceService.wsdl

just fine.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA

Re: create artifacts from WSDL published on the internet

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
Not directly, but with Linux there's the "wget" command that returns the
result from an HTML page (or a WSDL...), which you perhaps can pipe into a
file which you can then use as an argument to wsdl2java.

There's also an issue of dynamic clients, which I don't know much about but
may be what you're looking for, I don't know:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/dynamic-clients.html

HTH,
Glen