Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by mo <mo...@daoenix.com> on 2014/08/05 20:01:35 UTC

FreeBSD

I am attempting to deploy a FreeBSD 9.3 instance, but it is just sitting at the boot screen. Anyone else have any issues?

- Mo

Re: FreeBSD

Posted by Carlos Reátegui <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 8, 2014, at 12:40 PM, Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Mo,
>
> comments inline.
>
> On 09-Aug-2014, at 12:04 am, mo <mo...@daoenix.com>> wrote:
>
> Shanker,
>
> The issue I encountered, was of course user error. I did not realize, I only had to utilize the boot-only FreeBSD ISO. After reviewing your update, I replicated it & was able to easily boot into FreeBSD 64-bit, so this issue is resolved.
>
> Glad to hear its fixed. Please remember to rebuild kernel with XENHVM for better performance.
>

> Thanks to everyone who assisted with this, I do have a question; how easily is it to remove system template of CentOS 5.5. As I would not at all utilize this, but is this a change in the database? Or?
>
> I think you would need to do it via the DB. But I suggest you leave it there as its a known good template
> to test when you run into issues.

Just edit the template from the UI and uncheck the public box and it won’t show up for your users.  On the the admin.

Re: FreeBSD

Re: FreeBSD

Re: FreeBSD

Re: FreeBSD

Posted by mo <mo...@daoenix.com>.
I am using Cloudstack 4.4 | FreeBSD 9.3, however, choosing other 64-bit and installing the 64-bit of FreeBSD 10 or 9.3 hangs at boot.

--
mo
Sent with Airmail

On August 7, 2014 at 11:45:57 AM, Osay Osman Yuuni (oyuuni@gmail.com) wrote:

"... currently testing CS 4.4 with XenServer, although I am concern about
license with XenServer ... "
Motty what do you mean by license issue? Aside from being able to use
XenCentre for patch management I believe you don't need any license for
Xenserver. Been using Xenserver 6.2 on CS 4.3 with all patches done via
command line and it's working swell.

Re: FreeBSD

Posted by mo <mo...@daoenix.com>.

Re: FreeBSD

Posted by Osay Osman Yuuni <oy...@gmail.com>.

Re: FreeBSD

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
Comments inline.

Re: FreeBSD

Posted by Mo <mo...@daoenix.com>.
Odd! Well hopefully someone can illuminate as to what the issue may be. For now, at least I have FreeBSD 32-Bit.

Thank you for your direction! =]

Sent from my iPhone

Re: FreeBSD

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Try posting on dev list.

There is a mapping for each OS type for each hypervisor technology, i
assume the issue is there.

Regards
ilya

Re: FreeBSD