Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Volker Schneider <vo...@danet.de> on 2002/06/10 16:12:03 UTC

How to do URL rewriting

Dear colleagues,

I tried to find out, how to do URL rewriting with Cocoon 2 when cookies are
switched off. I looked in several mails: Vadim said that you have to do URL
rewriting yourself, but in Request.java I can find a method

boolean isRequestedSessionIdFromURL();

So it seems that cocoon supports URL rewriting in an unknown way. When I
have to do it myself, what is best practise to do that? How can I save my
session so that it survives between the requests, because I store some data
within the session. Did anyone of you do something like that?

Thank you, best regards
- Volker -

RE: How to do URL rewriting

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Volker Schneider [mailto:volker.schneider@danet.de]
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I tried to find out, how to do URL rewriting with Cocoon 2 when
cookies are
> switched off. I looked in several mails: Vadim said that you have to
do URL

Yup.

> rewriting yourself, but in Request.java I can find a method
>
> boolean isRequestedSessionIdFromURL();

and isRequestedSessionIdFromCookie.

It just indicates where session ID was taken from.

> So it seems that cocoon supports URL rewriting in an unknown way. When

As any other servlet.

> have to do it myself, what is best practise to do that? How can I save
my
> session so that it survives between the requests, because I store some
data
> within the session. Did anyone of you do something like that?

1. Encode URLs in XSP:
<xsp-session:encode-url href="sessionpage">Follow
me!</xsp-session:encode-url>

2. Use EncodeURLTransformer (this one sounds better then XSP approach)

Vadim