Posted to user@flink.apache.org by jeff jacobson <je...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/04 18:57:10 UTC

microsecond resolution

I've sourced stackoverflow, the docs, and the web but I can't figure out:
does flink support microsecond timestamp resolution? Thanks!

Re: microsecond resolution

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Hi,

If you set your stream to use event time (i.e.
env.setStreamTimeCharacteristic(TimeCharacteristic.EventTime); )
I think you can use all functions in the system without modification. So
there is no need for any custom window assigners.
If you then put microseconds into the timestamp field the you MUST make
sure you do the same with things like watermarks.
And if you want to have a watermark that is 5 seconds before the current
time stamp you must be sure to substract 5000000 instead of 5000 fom the
timestamp.

Niels Basjes

Niels Basjes

Re: microsecond resolution

Posted by jeff jacobson <je...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for clearing things up, Stephan and Kostas

Re: microsecond resolution

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <k....@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Re: microsecond resolution

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Re: microsecond resolution

Posted by jeff jacobson <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: microsecond resolution

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <k....@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Re: microsecond resolution

Re: microsecond resolution

Posted by Abdallah Ghdiri <gh...@gmail.com>.
Help Matthias
Can you please take a look at my question over at stack overflow and see if
you have an answer
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40935714/is-it-possible-to-add-new-patterns-in-flink-cep-after-calling-execute

Abdallah.

Re: microsecond resolution