Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/15 00:53:17 UTC

Make a distribution of documentation for Drill

As of now Drill documentation is scattered in couple of wiki pages. I
 think it would be a good idea to make a standard documentation
distribution as part of the binary distribution
(apache-drill-*-docs.tar.gz).

As a starter point we can start with the followings;

1. Installations guide.
2. Quick starter guide.
3. Developer guide.

If you agree I would like to work on this.

Rajika

Re: Make a distribution of documentation for Drill

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.
I just attached a possible patch to DRILL-339. This add a new module to
project called documentation which will be built from the root pom. It will
generate a documentation distribution, apache-drill-*-docs.tar.gz in side
target in the same module.

Rajika

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.
4. User guide.

Posted by Michael Hausenblas <mi...@gmail.com>.
> Ok, we can use the maven plugin, doxia-module-markdown to integrate doc
> files with maven.

Perfect! Much appreciated.

Cheers,
		Michael