Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mike Grundvig <mi...@electrotank.com> on 2006/09/24 16:19:06 UTC

Equivalent of JSP Includes?

How do you do the little snippet below in Tapestry?

<%
    // This could be any code needed, but it results in a specific page
    String pageToInclude = "blah.html";
%>

 <jsp:include page="<%=pageToInclude%>">

Thanks!

Michael Grundvig
Electrotank, Inc
http://www.electrotank.com

Re: Equivalent of JSP Includes?

Posted by Mike Grundvig <mi...@electrotank.com>.
You are absolutely correct Martin; I can simple read the ad HTML from the
file system and have a low-level component inject the ad data into the
output. This is a last resort though because as soon as I do this, I lose
all the niceties of Tapestry. The intent is for the "ads" (loose term here)
to be 1 to 1 marketing type ads as well as dynamic in their own right.
Thanks!

Michael Grundvig
Electrotank, Inc
http://www.electrotank.com

Posted by Martin Strand <ma...@entcap.se>.

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
Did you ever get a satisfactory solution?  I was on vacation...

Mark J. Stang
Senior Engineer/Architect
office: +1 303.468.2900
mobile: +1 303.507.2833
Ping Identity

Posted by Dobrin Ivanov <do...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I have searching for the same thing in the past and
found this one:

 DynamicBlock - Choosing Tapestry Components at
Runtime

http://www.behindthesite.com/blog/C1931765677/E1630021481/

I haven't tested it yet ...

--- Mike Grundvig <mi...@electrotank.com> wrote:

> Yes Robert; that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
> I'm willing to write the
> meta component myself but I don't know how to ensure
> Tapestry loads the
> component dynamically. I'm sure there is a service
> somewhere and I simply
> use the path to the component or some such. Sadly;
> this is something I
> assumed would be a trivial thing to implement but
> now it's proving to be a
> nightmare.
>
> Peter: I've poured over those examples closely now
> and I still don't see how
> this does what I need. I'm not trying to be
> argumentative or dense, but I'm
> not seeing how it provides what I'm looking for. The
> best I can come up with
> using RenderBlock is something like this:
>
> TEMPLATE
> -=-=-
>
> PAGE USING TEMPLATE (one of almost 2000)
> -=-=-
>
> Thanks for any suggestions or advice!
>
> Michael

=== message truncated ===

Re: Equivalent of JSP Includes?

Posted by Robert Binna <r....@synedra.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

File Downloading in Tapestry

Posted by Dobrin Ivanov <do...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
I'm wondering which is the best way to download files
via Tapestry. It could be done via servlet, I have
found a good example here:

http://jspwiki.org/wiki/MakingADownloadServlet

But, is there another way to do it all in Tapestry?
... or the above is the best solution?

Re: Equivalent of JSP Includes?

Posted by Dobrin Ivanov <do...@yahoo.com>.
Did you succeed with this?
It would be great to have this into the core Tapestry
components ..

--- Patrick Moore <tr...@gmail.com>

Posted by Patrick Moore <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Westgate <ni...@key-planning.co.jp>.
This is for T3, but you might find it relevant:
http://www.tapestrycomponents.org/Tassel/app?service=direct/1/Search/viewComponent&sp=SrobertzInclude

Cheers,
Nick.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.