Posted to announce@apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2017/05/05 20:13:04 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 2.0.0 Released

The Apache Ignite Community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Ignite 2.0.0.

Apache Ignite In-Memory Data Fabric [1] is a high-performance, integrated and distributed in-memory platform for computing and transacting on large-scale data sets in real-time, orders of magnitude faster than possible with traditional disk-based or flash-based technologies.

The Fabric is a collection of independent and well integrated components some of which are the following:
- Data Grid
- SQL Grid
- Compute Grid
- Service Grid
- Machine Learning Grid (NEW!)

This release incorporates tremendous changes that shifted Ignite 2.0 to the next level. The whole off-heap memory architecture was redesigned from scratch and, going forward, Ignite can be easily integrated with Flash and SSD drives (stay tuned!). SQL Grid has been enriched with Data Definition Language support. A completely new component was added to the fabric - Machine Learning Grid. We provided integrations with RocketMQ and Spring Data, updated Hibernate integration, introduced a plugin system for .NET and found out how to execute C++ code on remote node, and many more...

Get more details from this blog post: https://blogs.apache.org/ignite/entry/apache-ignite-2-0-redesigned

The full list of the changes can be found here [2].

Please visit this page if you’re ready to try the release out:
https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi

Please let us know [3] if you encounter any problems.

Regards,

The Apache Ignite Community

[1] https://ignite.apache.org
[2] https://ignite.apache.org/releases/2.0.0/release_notes.html
[3] https://ignite.apache.org/community/resources.html#ask

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 2.0.0 Released

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Pavel, excellent blog post! Truly profound with cool source code examples:
https://twitter.com/denismagda/status/862460325211197441

—
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Ignite.NET 2.0 blog post:
https://ptupitsyn.github.io/Whats-New-In-Ignite-Net-2.0/

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Ignite.NET 2.0 blog post:

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Great news!

Posted by Paolo Di Tommaso <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Paolo,

Posted by Paolo Di Tommaso <pa...@gmail.com>.
Congrats people!

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Great news!

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Dear Ignite contributors and committers, thanks for making this happen! Dear Ignite users, thanks for keep using and trusting Ignite!

That worth our efforts ;)

Just in a case here is a link to the blog mentioned below and Apache Ignite 2.0 webinar:
- Blog: https://blogs.apache.org/ignite/entry/apache-ignite-2-0-redesigned
- Webinar: https://ignite.apache.org/releases/2.0.0/release_notes.html

Please share the news, don’t be shy - boast about this:
https://twitter.com/ApacheIgnite/status/860590282374500353

—
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.