Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by tb...@yahoo.com on 2005/10/12 23:41:35 UTC

Security app

I'm looking into building a simple application that
implements the security features of Geronimo that can
later be built upon.

The security aspect I'd like to focus on is limiting
access for certain users to a page, similar to HTTP
authentication.

This brings up a few questions:
 - Where are the user names/passwords kept?
 - Is there a URL someone could point me to that
   documents any of the APIs above?

The purpose of the application is this: At the end of
the shopping cart process for a purchased electronic
item, such as an eBook, the application would give the
buyer access (by providing a user name/password) to
the directory where the file exists for download.
Without which, the user would not otherwise be able to
access the directory and download the product.

Any tips/pointers to any recommended API and/or
documentation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Tyler

__________________________________
Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

Re: Security app--demo app in source tree

Posted by tb...@yahoo.com.
Toby,

Thanks! Yeah it was my problem. I went through the
maven learning curve, as well as the learning where
the new server.jar was supposed to be curve :)

But I definitely know a lot more than I did about
Geronimo! Thanks again for that bugfix for me!!!

Tyler

__________________________________

Posted by toby cabot <to...@caboteria.org>.

__________________________________
http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Security app

Posted by toby cabot <to...@caboteria.org>.
On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 02:41:35PM -0700, tbot55@yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm looking into building a simple application that
> implements the security features of Geronimo that can
> later be built upon.

You'll probably want to take a look at the demo application in the
applications/demo directory of the geronimo source tree.  It
implements some of what you're looking for, although it isn't as
dynamic as what you're proposing.  It uses a couple of properties
files (var/security/demo*.properties) to store the user and group
data, and then sets up Geronimo's properties-based login manager to
read those files.  It will probably give you some useful pointers at
least in terms of the configuration that you'll need.

Re: Security app

Posted by tb...@yahoo.com.
I get it. Thanks for the URL, I'll keep you posted if
I come up with issues.

Also, about the app, I will first focus as though they
have already paid.

Thanks!
Tyler

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/os-ag-security/