Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by dolphin_cheng <xi...@163.com> on 2008/06/05 17:34:20 UTC

java.io.EOFException lead to shut down activemq automatically

We use activemq 5.1.0 and deploy it in a linux system. But the broker is dead
every one hour. It is not steady especially. I found the EOFException in the
client as follow:
javax.jms.JMSException: java.io.EOFException
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:49)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.onAsyncException(ActiveMQConnection.java:1684)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.onException(ActiveMQConnection.java:1701)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onException(TransportFilter.java:99)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onException(ResponseCorrelator.java:114)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onException(TransportFilter.java:99)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onException(TransportFilter.java:99)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onException(WireFormatNegotiator.java:152)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onException(InactivityMonitor.java:244)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.onException(TransportSupport.java:96)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:187)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:358)
        at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:269)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:203)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:195)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:183)

Then we add a feature for transport:wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0
but it didn't work. I want to know :
(1) How to avoid the EOFExcption?
(2) If the exception can not be avoided, the how to make the broker not to
exit automatically
(3) Once there are some kinds of exceptions occur, method "OnException" will
be called and "system.exit()" will be executed. I want to know if there
exsis a way to write our onException method?
 I look forward to you reply soon and thank you very much  !