Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anne Dirkse <al...@uswest.net> on 2001/04/25 17:38:21 UTC

Re: Please urgent : Why french accentual chara cters (like à è) not display

Are you using the actual characters or the HTML standins for special
characthers?
If you are just typing the characters, the browser may not be able to
display them
as is. Try using the HTML special characters.
The special characters begin with an & then the ASCII Number for the
item, then a
semicolon, for example &151; for a dash. There are lots of HTML books
with charts of
those. There are also some easy-to-remember shortcuts like &agrave;
&egrave; &aacute;
&eacute; &acirc; that might help.
Hope that helps.
Anne