Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kostabanderas <ko...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/16 14:07:02 UTC

Re: The dreaded: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema

Hi all,

For my first post here, first of all, big respect to all developers working
on Camel projects.

I'm having the same problem but I can't seem to deal with it in the way
described above. It is the same handler that is stated missing.

I'm also using maven and assembly plugin. I checked the "fat jar" created by
this plugin and it does have
(spring.schemas and spring.handlers) files in the META-INF dir (without my
intervention) but they don't declare this specific schema/handler. I tried
modifying the assembly descriptor but it didn't work out. I'm completely new
to these concepts so there's a big chance that I'm doing something wrong but
what confuses me are those existing (spring.schemas and spring.handlers)
files. I tried adding spring-integration jar to my classpath and those
schema/handler got inserted in the two files above but this one is still
causing me problems and I can't seem to start my app with the java -jar
command.
Furthermore, camel-spring-v2.2.xsd and camel-spring.xsd exist in the root of
the "fat jar".

I checked my classpath and the pom file contains everything I believe is
needed. More specific, it does contain camel-spring (2.2.0) jar which I
believe holds this handler.

I'm using java 1.6.0_17. and Camel 2.2.0.

Thanks and please let me know if there's anything more I can provide to help
you help me solve this problem :)

Posted by kostabanderas <ko...@gmail.com>.
Ah, mr. Ibsen, thanks for the reply.

I'm sure there are numerous ways to achieve this goal. The assembly plugin
sounded like the quickest (and maybe the dirtiest, since I wanted to pack up
all the dependency jars for this test project). Maybe the problem I had was
more suited for the assembly plugin group but what confused me the most and
what I think should be the main topic here is the existence of
spring.schemas and spring.handlers files in the META-INF folder. Right now,
with the solution I've applied, those two files don't even exist in the
META-INF folder and everything works. When using the assembly plugin, these
two files are auto generated but include some schemas/namespaces that I
haven't specifically added anywhere. When I provide these two files myself
(in the META-INF folder), these two files get overwritten.
Again, I'm new to these concepts and it's quite possible that I haven't
configured the plugin properly, but, again, I'm wondering now how does
everything work without the two files mentioned above?

Thanks and cheers,
Kosta

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by kostabanderas <ko...@gmail.com>.