Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jfc <jf...@btopenworld.com> on 2002/08/20 11:53:29 UTC

upload question

Hi,

Just a quick question.

Why do I get garbage when I upload a jpeg or gif image file when using
the upload example in struts? I can see the image if I navigate to it in
my local fs using my browser but not by using the example upload war app.

Cheers
jfc

Re: upload question

Posted by Alex Birch <al...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I'm not sure if I understand you right, but is it because the upload example simply displays the
contents of the files you upload directly to the browser (using out.print)? Because the image is a
binary file it won't display nor would any other binary file...

I haven't had any troubles uploading binary files before using struts

hope that helps...

Alex