Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Ole Matzura <ol...@eviware.com> on 2006/07/27 09:13:26 UTC

Problems with SSL / EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory

Hi all!

I've recently switched to using EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory forsupporting unverified certificates. Unfortunately though it seems thataccessing resources with verified certificates sometimes gives thefollowing error:

--------
2006-07-27 13:46:23,140 [com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.EasyX509TrustManager] - Server certificate chain:
2006-07-27 13:46:23,156 [com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.EasyX509TrustManager] - X509Certificate[0]=[

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
--------

I init my HttpClient as follows;

-------
Protocol easyhttps = new Protocol("https", new EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory(), 443);
Protocol.registerProtocol("https", easyhttps);

	MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager connectionManager = new MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager();
	connectionManager.getParams().setDefaultMaxConnectionsPerHost( 500 );
	connectionManager.getParams().setMaxTotalConnections( 2000 );
 httpClient = new HttpClient(connectionManager);
--------

If I just remove the first 2 rows above everything works fine..

what have I done wrong and/or misunderstood? (I've just copied theEasyXXX related classes from httpclient 3.0 into my source-tree)

thanks for any help!

regards,

/Ole
eviware.com

Re: Problems with SSL / EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory

Posted by Julius Davies <ju...@cucbc.com>.
Hi, Ole,

Out of curiosity, can you try with my version of
EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory?

Download it here:

http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/

In particular:

http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/commons-ssl.jar

That jar file contains
"org.apache.commons.httpclient.contrib.ssl.EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory".

But personally I'm quite confused by your error.  I've never had any
trouble with EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory!  What version of Java are you
using?

yours,

Julius

--
Julius Davies
Senior Application Developer, Technology Services

1441 Creekside Drive
Vancouver, BC
Canada
V6J 4S7