Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/02 15:22:59 UTC

Embedded TomEE speed improvements

Updated the tomee-embedded module which has an embeddable version of TomEE.  With a couple tweaks we're now using the same embedded code that Tomcat uses in its internal tests and things are pretty fast.

Running in my IDE I've seen speeds as low as 1.8s, but normally around 2.5 or 2.8s, sometimes up into 3 seconds.  On the command line, I seem to always see up into 3.8s.  Not sure why that is slower.  Something to investigate.

Running bunches of tests together is even faster.  The arquillian-tomee-embedded module has 17 apps and that takes 13 or 14 seconds to run from my IDE.

The cool thing is these times are very much on par with regular OpenEJB embedded speeds.  It certainly makes you start to wonder... when wouldn't you want the whole servlet container and ejb container in your test cases?

-David