Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mike Keller <mk...@ohioindemnity.com> on 2005/07/05 18:29:41 UTC

Spamassassin not assigning scores?

First, let me apologize if this has been discussed before.  I just
signed up today.

I am running Spamassassin 3.0.4 on Perl 5.8.6 on OpenBSD 3.7.  Overall,
I am very happy running this on a production smtp gateway for our M$
Exchange Environment.  I do have a weird problem with scores and
thresholds of 0.0 on about 10%-20% of mail.  It is intermittent, in that
I can receive the same message throughout the course of the day and sa
will score it one time but not the other.  I did not see this behavior
while testing, only since I have put the server into production
(obviously, it is getting a lot more mail routed through it now).  I
have attached an example header below:

Subject: Watch Over 200 Channels CATV

As you can probably see, I am frontending spamassassin with SMTP-Vilter.
Here is my config information:

OS: OpenBSD 3.7

Sendmail Info:

Version 8.13.3

 Compiled with: DNSMAP LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7

                NAMED_BIND NETINET NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING
SCANF

                STARTTLS TCPWRAPPERS USERDB XDEBUG

Sendmail Milter Config:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`smtp-vilter',
`S=unix:/var/smtp-vilter/smtp-vilter.sock, F=T,
T=C:15m;S:10m;R:10ms;E:15m')dnl

I have all timeouts for smtp-vilter backends (clamd, spamd) set at 900
seconds.

I apologize if the milter integration is outside the scope of this list,
but I have been trying to google this for over a week.  Any help is
appreciated.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail or telephone and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Spamassassin not assigning scores?

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
"Mike Keller" <mk...@ohioindemnity.com> wrote on 07/05/2005 11:29:41 AM:

[snip]
> Sendmail Milter Config:
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`smtp-vilter', `S=unix:/var/smtp-vilter/smtp-
> vilter.sock, F=T, T=C:15m;S:10m;R:10ms;E:15m')dnl
>
> I have all timeouts for smtp-vilter backends (clamd, spamd) set at
> 900 seconds.

Not all of them.  Your timeout for reading the reply from the milter is a
little low wouldn't you say?  :-)

Andy