Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jun Zhou <AC...@sheffield.ac.uk> on 2002/07/26 16:52:00 UTC

index other document types

Dear all,

 I learned from Lucene FAQ that if we want to index other document types, we need to provide a parser or extractor for every document type. I know there are some tools available which can convert other document types to txt format. Is the converter a parser or extractor at all?

 Thank you for your kind assistance in advance.

 Best regards
Jun Zhou
acp01jz@sheffield.ac.uk

Re: index other document types

Posted by Jun Zhou <AC...@sheffield.ac.uk>.
Thank you very much, Dave! So I am sure I can choose Lucene to work on my project now.

Best regards
Jun Zhou
ACP01JZ@sheffield.ac.uk