Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/07/06 06:22:55 UTC

forrestbot docs (Was: capturing error output)

Ross Gardler wrote:
> Addi wrote:
> >Thanks for pointing me there Diwaker.  I banged my head for a while
> >because I was a bit confused, but then I stumbled upon the correct,
> >magically aligned buildfile and it worked like a charm.  I may have some
> >mods to the documentation on that, for dummies like me.  I will have to
> >play with this some more tomorrow.
>
> Hey, I've been a dev on Forrest for years and I've been avoiding
> learning Forrestbot in te hope someone improves the docs. I'll apply
> your patches personally ;-)

Really, i had no trouble following the current docs and i had
no experience with forrestbot when i started. Anyway, it will
be interesting to see what changes are needed.

-David

Re: forrestbot docs (Was: capturing error output)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Addi wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks for pointing me there Diwaker.  I banged my head for a while
>>>because I was a bit confused, but then I stumbled upon the correct,
>>>magically aligned buildfile and it worked like a charm.  I may have some
>>>mods to the documentation on that, for dummies like me.  I will have to
>>>play with this some more tomorrow.
>>
>>Hey, I've been a dev on Forrest for years and I've been avoiding
>>learning Forrestbot in te hope someone improves the docs. I'll apply
>>your patches personally ;-)
>

> Really, i had no trouble following the current docs and i had
> no experience with forrestbot when i started. Anyway, it will
> be interesting to see what changes are needed.

Maybe I tried too late at night then ;-)

Ross