Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/28 19:21:41 UTC

Configurations as Maps .. attribute value or property value

Just a thought for discussion.  I'm looking at Knut's code for
converting configurations to maps. One thing that nags me is that it
uses the raw attribute value as the key.

Not sure that is best; I think the translated value for that attribute
is the right thing.

Only example that jumps to mind is if the translator is qualfiied id.
In that case, the attribute value may be "foo" but the qualified id
will be "mymodule.foo" ... that's what will be assigned to  an object
property, and it makes sense that the Map be keyed on "mymodule.foo"
not just "foo".

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: Configurations as Maps .. attribute value or property value

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.
Howard,

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:21:41 -0500, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a thought for discussion.  I'm looking at Knut's code for
> converting configurations to maps. One thing that nags me is that it
> uses the raw attribute value as the key.
>
> Not sure that is best; I think the translated value for that attribute
> is the right thing.

That sounds like a very reasonable change. Didn't think of that at the time.

--knut

Re: Configurations as Maps .. attribute value or property value

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Nobodies going to complain about more and better documentation.

Perhaps an example would be even better?  Either a fresh example, or
some usage of mapped configurations already inside HiveMind.

Posted by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com>.