Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Alvaro Brandon <al...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/05 15:50:15 UTC

Avoiding using hostname for YARN nodemanagers

Hello:

I'm using Docker images to build a YARN cluster. I have a problem when the
node managers register with the resource manager.

Since they are containers they use the hash that the Docker engine assigns
to them as the hostname.

*17/12/05 14:56:16 INFO nodemanager.NodeStatusUpdaterImpl: Registered with
ResourceManager as ba3aeecd656a:45989 with total resource of <memory:4096,
vCores:1>*

This, of course, is a problem when the resourcemanager tries to contact the
node.

*17/12/05 15:42:04 ERROR scheduler.SchedulerApplicationAttempt: Error
trying to assign container token and NM token to an allocated container
container_1512485507238_0003_01_000001*
*java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.UnknownHostException:
ba3aeecd656a*

With HDFS I had no problems since you can always set the
*dfs.datanode.use.datanode.hostname *and similar configuration options to
avoid the problem. However, I cannot find a similar option in YARN node
managers.

Is there an option to not use the hostname when registering with the
resource manager?

Re: Avoiding using hostname for YARN nodemanagers

Posted by Susheel Kumar Gadalay <sk...@gmail.com>.
Check properties yarn.nodemanager.hostname,
yarn.resourcemanager.hostname under yarn-site.xml.

Posted by Alvaro Brandon <al...@gmail.com>.