Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us> on 2012/11/24 20:31:56 UTC

Zones / Forms in a loop - Which iteration invoked the action?

<t:loop source="...">
  <t:zone update="none">
    <form t:type="form" zone="^">
    <input t:type="submit" event="start" value="Start"/>
   </form>
 </t:zone>
</t:loop>

... Java

onStart()
{
  // how do I know which one of the start buttons got pushed?
 // there are n possibilities since there are n loop iterations
  return zone.getBody();
}

Thanks for your help!

Re: Zones / Forms in a loop - Which iteration invoked the action?

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Yup.  That'll work too.  Thanks!

Posted by Norman Franke <no...@myasd.com>.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Just for the record, I think you'll find that onPrepare() gets called regardless.

    In comes an AJAX form submit. The Form may have a context. The Submit may specify an event other than SELECT.
    - Form bubbles up PREPARE_FOR_SUBMIT. Form context is available if specified.
    - Form bubbles up PREPARE.
    - Submit bubbles up SELECT or the event you specified. In your example I think you handle this event and return the zone which stops Form bubbling up VALIDATE_FROM_FORM and SUCCESS or FAILURE.
    Tapestry switches to rendering the zone content...
    - Form bubbles up PREPARE_FOR_RENDER.
    - Form bubbles up PREPARE.
    Out goes AJAX response with zone content.

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.