Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Brian Bouterse <bm...@ncsu.edu> on 2009/03/09 21:49:18 UTC

VCL Database Abstraction Layer

Does the VCL architecture contains a database abstraction layer in its
architecture?  I'm curious what it would take to make VCL generalized
to work with multiple database backends other than mySQL.

Brian

Brian Bouterse
Secure Open Systems Initiative

Re: VCL Database Abstraction Layer

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Matt,

Almost all of my database experience has been with php and mysql, and it's
almost all been self-taught.  I'm not familiar with what you mean by "CRUD
operations" or "auto-commit operations".  Can you explain that a little
further?

Thanks,
Josh

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Re: VCL Database Abstraction Layer

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

Re: VCL Database Abstraction Layer

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
Not yet - on the perl side it shouldn't be too difficult since it's using
DBI.

Josh can comment more on the php code - but in my opinion it would
difficult/time-consuming to convert queries.

Aaron

--On March 9, 2009 4:49:18 PM -0400 Brian Bouterse <bm...@ncsu.edu>
wrote:

> Does the VCL architecture contains a database abstraction layer in its
> architecture?  I'm curious what it would take to make VCL generalized to
> work with multiple database backends other than mySQL.
>
> Brian
>

> Brian Bouterse
> Secure Open Systems Initiative

Aaron Peeler