Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matthew Denner <ma...@denner.demon.co.uk> on 2003/03/11 00:24:43 UTC

Request scope beans problem

Hi,

I know I've probably done something really stupid but I can't get
request scope beans working at all!  Here's what I have:

- an Action class that does 'request.setAttribute("foo", "bar")' and
then forwards to a JSP
- the JSP does a <bean:write name="foo" scope="request"/>

All I ever see is:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find bean foo in scope request

If I use session scope (session.setAttribute() and scope="session") it's
fine.

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.18 and Stuts 1.1rc1.

Matt