Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be> on 2006/07/14 19:32:40 UTC

Tiny question: PropertySets.canHaveMarkers() ?

Hi all,

While browsing a bit through the FOTree code, it appeared to me that
the sole function of the class fo.PropertySets is in the
canHaveMarkers() method. None of the other members are referenced
anywhere in the code, so I was thinking maybe this class could be
removed completely?

I'd go about that by moving that method to FONode, have it return
'false', and override to return true on the FONode subclasses in
question, unless anyone objects...

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: Tiny question: PropertySets.canHaveMarkers() ?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I don't see a problem doing that. It's good to get rid of obsolete code.
Only gets in newbies' way.

> Hi all,
>
> While browsing a bit through the FOTree code, it appeared to me that
> the sole function of the class fo.PropertySets is in the
> canHaveMarkers() method. None of the other members are referenced
> anywhere in the code, so I was thinking maybe this class could be
> removed completely?
>
> I'd go about that by moving that method to FONode, have it return
> 'false', and override to return true on the FONode subclasses in
> question, unless anyone objects...

Jeremias Maerki