Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/21 13:04:21 UTC

Branching for Pig 0.16

Folks,
    Majority of the work on Pig on Spark is done and code is up for review
to merge into trunk. So we need to branch for Pig 0.16 shortly so that
release for rest of the fixes and enhancements that have gone in so far can
be released while trunk is used for further stabilization of Pig on Spark
code.

    Tentatively planning to create the branch early next week. I will be
scrubbing through the Pig Patch Available list and jiras marked for Pig
0.16 this week. Please update or mark any jiras that you want addressed in
Pig 0.16 if they are not already fixed so that someone can pick that up for
fixing.

Regards,
Rohini

Re: Branching for Pig 0.16

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
Branch 0.16 created and you can continue to commit code now. For Jira fix
version as 0.16.0, please commit to both 0.16 branch and trunk.

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Branching for Pig 0.16

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.