Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2004/08/01 23:41:33 UTC

Merged code available to review

I just finished a first cut at merging the branches.  I haven't even had
time to do a build with it, and I may need to pick up some of Stephen's most
recent changes, but I need to get on the road to drive to Atlanta.

A copy of the merged code is in
http://www.apache.org/~noel/james-merge-test.tgz.  If you get a chance,
please take a look and let me know if you spot any problems or regressions.
Hopefully I will have time during an evening this week to make sure I have
picked up the most recent changes and get this thing building.

	--- Noel

Re: Merged code available to review

Posted by Soren Hilmer <so...@tietoenator.com>.
Hi Noel,

I just tried this (sorry it took so long).

I have found this:

a) an extra MailImpl.java in the dnsserver package, this makes the whole thing
unable to build. I assumed the one in core was correct and removed that (the
2 sources are not identical)

b) org.apache.james.mailrepository.AvalonMailRepository.java does not import
   javax.mail.MessagingException, but uses it.

c) org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository,
   org.apache.james.tansport.JamesSpoolManager,

 did not import java.util.Collection

d) org.apache.james.transport.mailets.JDBCAlias,
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.JDBCVirtualUserTable,
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.JDBCListserv
all imports
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.datasource.DataSourceSelector but the
class is called
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.datasources.DataSourceSelector (note s
in datasources)

e) org.apache.james.transport.mailets.listservcommands.BaseCommand,
 org.apache.james.transport.mailets.listservcommands.IListServCommand
imports
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.ICommandListservManager it is missing!

f) org.apache.james.transport.mailets.listservcommands.BaseCommand,
 org.apache.james.transport.mailets.CommandListservProcessor
 org.apache.james.transport.mailets.FromRepository
imports
org.apache.james.util.RFC2822Headers but it is called
org.apache.mailet.RFC2822Headers

g) org.apache.james.tansport.JamesSpoolManager,
did not import org.apache.james.core.MailImpl

h) org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper did not import javax.mail.Session

i) org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper does not import
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.masterstore.IOUtil unfortunately this
class resides in an impl jar: cornerstone-store-impl-1.0.jar hmmm.

j) org.apache.james.core.AbstractJamesService still had som code that depended
on connectionManger not beeing an JamesConnectionManager even though an
explicit cast to the latter is made at initialization time.

k)  org.apache.james.James uses
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException;
it should use ServiceException at that point (

l) org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository did not import
java.sql.Blob

m)  org.apache.james.transport.mailets.AvalonListservManager had repName
declared incorrectly

n) org.apache.james.util.connection.SimpleConnectionManager did not define
public void connect(String arg0, ServerSocket arg1, ConnectionHandlerFactory
arg2, ThreadPool arg3) as needed by the contract.

o) org.apache.james.dnsserver.DNSServer also failed to build as the dnsjava
distributed was dnsjava-1.4.3 not dnsjava-1.6.2

p) org.apache.james.util.connection.SimpleConnectionManager some clash between
org.apache.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool and
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.ThreadPool
Not sure yet what is the correct fix for this so just did something to make
things compile

q) org.apache.james.transport.mailets.AvalonListservManager,
   org.apache.james.transport.mailets.AvalonListserv
 did not declare that MessagingException could be thrown in init

Pheww, finally things compiled!

As for runtime stay tuned!

-- Søren

On Sunday 01 August 2004 23:41, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> I just finished a first cut at merging the branches.  I haven't even had
> time to do a build with it, and I may need to pick up some of Stephen's
> most recent changes, but I need to get on the road to drive to Atlanta.
>
> A copy of the merged code is in
> http://www.apache.org/~noel/james-merge-test.tgz.  If you get a chance,
> please take a look and let me know if you spot any problems or regressions.
> Hopefully I will have time during an evening this week to make sure I have
> picked up the most recent changes and get this thing building.
>
> 	--- Noel

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager		Phone:	+45 72 30 64 00
TietoEnator IT+ A/S	Fax:	+45 72 30 64 02
Ved Lunden 12		Direct:	+45 72 30 64 57
DK-8230 Åbyhøj		Email:	soren.hilmer <at> tietoenator.com