Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Soriano, Jaume" <JS...@es.wanadoo.com> on 2001/10/23 17:18:04 UTC

One step beyond with Velocity

Hello again:

We're trying to build customizable javascript files (css too)
in order to adapt a 'js' file (or a css one) to an user profile.
To do it, we're going to add two new lines in 'WebMacro.java':

   protected static final String WM_EXT='.js';
   protected static final String WM_EXT='.css';

have you experiment with something like this?
is possible to do it? is this the correct way?
or, in the other hand...are we flying by the seat of our pants? ;-)

Thanks in advance, regards:

Jaume

Re: One step beyond with Velocity

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 10/23/01 11:18 AM, "Soriano, Jaume" <JS...@es.wanadoo.com> wrote:

> Hello again:
>
> We're trying to build customizable javascript files (css too)
> in order to adapt a 'js' file (or a css one) to an user profile.
> To do it, we're going to add two new lines in 'WebMacro.java':
>
>  protected static final String WM_EXT='.js';
>  protected static final String WM_EXT='.css';

Isn't that declaring it twice?

> have you experiment with something like this?
> is possible to do it? is this the correct way?
> or, in the other hand...are we flying by the seat of our pants? ;-)

Pants, I think.

What are you trying to do?  Why WebMacro.java?

System and Software Consulting