Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de> on 2003/03/02 14:10:56 UTC

bug or feature? problem with internal redirect

I have following situation: I have a 'core' sitemap which is to serve 'core'
data, i.e. data which is the same for a set of other sitemap.

within the core sitemap I have e.g.:

		<map:pipeline>
			<map:match pattern="**.xml">
				<map:generate src="{1}.xml"/>
				<map:serialize type="xml"/>
			</map:match>
		</map:pipeline>

and in one of the subsitemaps I was using that 'core' sitemap/pipelines
like:

		<map:match pattern="index.xml">
			<map:generate src="cocoon://core/index.xml"/>
			<map:serialize type="xml"/>
		</map:match>

and this approach worked okay. then I wanted to replace the
generate/serialize combo with an internal redirect:

		<map:match pattern="index.xml">
			<map:redirect-to uri="cocoon://core/index.xml"/>
		</map:match>

but this doesn't work. what I found out was that the 'core' pipeline shown
above now tried to access index.xml (the {1} match) from within the using
pipeline's sitemap context, i.e. the <map:generate> didn't refer to the
'core' context's index.xml. and since the file doesn't exist in the calling
context this gave a FileNotFoundException.

I conclude that this is a bug, isn't it?