Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@localbar.com> on 2000/06/19 15:21:26 UTC

Sitemap Q.

There has been some major activity on the sitemap, while I had a 3 week
vacation. Close to 800 messages, and I also believe that my server
dropped quite a lot.

Is there any overview of the current discussed status?

Reading the discussions now, shows one of three things (sorted in
descending likelihood);

a) I am an idiot,
b) I have missed some major piece,
c) It is too complex for anyone but core programmers to comprehend.

Niclas

Re: Sitemap Q.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@localbar.com>.
"N. Sean Timm" wrote:

> "Niclas Hedhman" <ni...@localbar.com> once wrote:
> > Well, I did a
> > cvs update
> > in my Cocoon 2 directory, and browsed for any info, but there is
> > none. Interesting!!!
> >
> > So, is CVS defunct, or am I in a different branch, or what is going on??
> And
> > if so, how come there are updates coming my way??
> If you're Cocoon 2 directory was pulled from the branch that Pier originally
> made (I forget what it was called), then you are on the wrong branch.  You
> should be pulling from the xml-cocoon2 branch.

Sure I started getting the CVS by instructions from Pier, BUT if I am on the
wrong branch, how come there are updates, as late as today on that branch
(DirectoryGenerator, for instance).

THIS IS WEIRD!!!!!!
-----------------

If I look in the CVS/Entries file, I have in my original checkout + a lot of
updates... (which doesn't have any drafts)

/todo.xml/1.6.2.8/Tue Jun 20 06:19:14 2000//Txml-cocoon2

and in the new checkout, I just made (which includes the drafts)

/todo.xml/1.6.2.8/Mon Jun 19 20:29:00 2000//Txml-cocoon2

NOW, explain THAT!!!!!! Look at dates....

Niclas

Re: Sitemap Q.

Posted by "N. Sean Timm" <st...@mailgo.com>.
"Niclas Hedhman" <ni...@localbar.com> once wrote:
> Well, I did a
> cvs update
> in my Cocoon 2 directory, and browsed for any info, but there is
> none. Interesting!!!
>
> So, is CVS defunct, or am I in a different branch, or what is going on??
And
> if so, how come there are updates coming my way??
If you're Cocoon 2 directory was pulled from the branch that Pier originally
made (I forget what it was called), then you are on the wrong branch.  You
should be pulling from the xml-cocoon2 branch.

- Sean T.

Re: Sitemap Q.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@localbar.com>.
Gerard van Enk wrote:

> Did you try a cvs update -d?

!!!!!

How come that is not default??  I don't buy the 'side effect' notion explained in
the man pages.

Thanks.

Re: Sitemap Q.

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.
Niclas Hedhman  wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > Anyway, you can find an example of a sitemap implementation in the
> > Cocoon2 branch of CVS under /xdocs/drafts/
>
> Well, I did a
> cvs update
> in my Cocoon 2 directory, and browsed for any info, but there is
> none. Interesting!!!
>
> So, is CVS defunct, or am I in a different branch, or what is going on?? And
> if so, how come there are updates coming my way??

Did you try a cvs update -d?

Gerard

Re: Sitemap Q.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@localbar.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Anyway, you can find an example of a sitemap implementation in the
> Cocoon2 branch of CVS under /xdocs/drafts/

Well, I did a
cvs update
in my Cocoon 2 directory, and browsed for any info, but there is
none. Interesting!!!

So, is CVS defunct, or am I in a different branch, or what is going on?? And
if so, how come there are updates coming my way??

Confusion is great, when you are suffering jetlag :o)

I will check out a new set and see what differs.

> The discussions are very deep, but I believe the deeper are the
> discussions the simpler will be the sitemap

Hope so, I will let you how it feels. Don't forget, the average Site Manager
is not a programmer and already have great difficulties with Apache
<Location> and virtual domains, et cetera...

> .... if not, kick me out of this list, because I'm hurting the project.

Will do :o)
In fact, revolutionaires are seldom administrators and they are often
succeeded with another breed. Examples of Russia; Lenin->Stalin,
Gorbachov->Jeltsin.

The key issue is still the fog factor. And right now, there are a lot of
that.

Niclas

Re: Sitemap Q.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> There has been some major activity on the sitemap, while I had a 3 week
> vacation. Close to 800 messages, and I also believe that my server
> dropped quite a lot.
>
> Is there any overview of the current discussed status?
>
> Reading the discussions now, shows one of three things (sorted in
> descending likelihood);
>
> a) I am an idiot,

you are not.

> b) I have missed some major piece,

I don't have enough information to tell that.

> c) It is too complex for anyone but core programmers to comprehend.

Gee, I really hope this is not the case....

Anyway, you can find an example of a sitemap implementation in the
Cocoon2 branch of CVS under /xdocs/drafts/

The discussions are very deep, but I believe the deeper are the
discussions the simpler will be the sitemap.... if not, kick me out of
this list, because I'm hurting the project.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.