Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by email builder <em...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/09 01:23:20 UTC

sql-based global use_auto_whitelist error?

Hi,

  I have a global setting in my SQL-based userprefs for use_auto_whitelist.
I am noticing that spamd -D shows these messages about it, which confuse me:

debug: retrieving prefs for user@mydomain.com from SQL server
debug: config: not parsing, administrator setting: use_auto_whitelist   1
debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
use_auto_whitelist  1
debug: user has changed

  What's going on here?  Same thing when I set it to zero.  Obviously, it
seems to be querying the DB correctly, but barfing on what it finds.  Why?  I
also have use_bayes set up the same way, which is working just fine.

my version:  SA 3.0.2

mysql> select * from spamassassin_user_settings;
+-------------------------------+--------------------+--------------------------------+

+-------------------------------+--------------------+--------------------------------+
| !GLOBAL                       | use_bayes          | 1
        |
| !GLOBAL                       | use_auto_whitelist | 1

+-------------------------------+--------------------+--------------------------------+

in local.cf:

user_scores_sql_custom_query    SELECT preference, value FROM
spamassassin_user_settings WHERE username = _USERNAME_ OR username =
'!GLOBAL' OR username = CONCAT('@', _DOMAIN_) ORDER BY username ASC

__________________________________
Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

Re: sql-based global use_auto_whitelist error?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 07:23 PM 3/8/2005, email builder wrote:
>   I have a global setting in my SQL-based userprefs for use_auto_whitelist.
>I am noticing that spamd -D shows these messages about it, which confuse me:
>
>debug: retrieving prefs for user@mydomain.com from SQL server
>debug: config: not parsing, administrator setting: use_auto_whitelist   1
>debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
>use_auto_whitelist  1
>debug: user has changed
>
>   What's going on here?

use_auto_whitelist cannot ever be set as a user preference. It's an
admin-only setting and must be set at the local.cf level.