Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Michael Riedling <mi...@stz-ida.de> on 2005/10/14 15:15:06 UTC

JMeter Proxy failure: Unsupported Media Type

Hello,

I have the following problem:
All is working fine with my Java Clients (which communicates SOAP
Messages with a Web service on an remote Server) and the JMeter Proxy in
stand alone tests, but when i use JMeter as proxy for my Java Clients
the following error occurs:

HTTP response code: 415
HTTP response message: Unsupported Media Type

HTTP response headers:
HTTP/1.1 415 Unsupported Media Type
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:43:57 GMT

When i use Etherreal (Network Protocol Analyzer) to analyze the packets,
i found out that JMeter changes the content-type in the Request Header
from "text/xml" to "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" which is then not
supported  by the HTTP Server.

Any ideas, explanations, workarounds or solutions?

Thx in advance,

- Michael

Re: JMeter Proxy failure: Unsupported Media Type

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
normally, the answer would be no, but that depends on the webservice
toolkit.

AFAIK, Sun, IBM and MS webservice toolkits don't explicitly say "do not
mix". from my experience the last 3 years, webservice calls are between
systems, so it's generally the important information is in the httpheader
and request body.

I suppose we could have the proxy look at the first line and see if it's
XML.

peter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Riedling <mi...@stz-ida.de>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
That's because the JMeter Proxy was written for HTTP Requests, and
does not take account of the newer SOAP Sampler.

Perhaps raise a Bugzilla enhancement request?

If you could also raise a bug report with examples of what does and
does not work, that would be helpful.

Posted by Michael Riedling <mi...@stz-ida.de>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Riedling <mi...@stz-ida.de>.