Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com> on 2013/08/15 02:05:05 UTC

vSwitch vs bridge

Hi All,

The Cloudstack docs for XenServer say to use bridge networking when using
basic networking.  Is this still the case with CS 4.1 and XS 6.1?

XS 6.1 introduced LACP which I would prefer to use but it is not supported
with bridge networking.  I think my storage network would benefit from it.

If still required for basic networking then can someone walk me through how
to setup an advanced network that behaves like a basic, shared, no security
group network.  I have 8 nics in 2 bonds (4 nics each -- one labeled
storage for NFS SR and the other cloud-public for management/guest
traffic).  The hosts and the guests are in 192.168.1.0/24 and the storage
network is isolated on its own in a 192.168.200.0/24.

thanks,
Carlos

Re: vSwitch vs bridge

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.
I think it will be easier for me to stick with basic network.
Can I use vSwitch with basic network if I do not use security groups?

Re: vSwitch vs bridge

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.

Re: vSwitch vs bridge

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.