Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Olivier Dion <ol...@ticketmaster.com> on 2019/05/15 17:21:22 UTC

project using nightly build

Looks like these were added on the nightly build JS version

                import org.apache.royale.net.events.ResultEvent;
                import org.apache.royale.net.events.FaultEvent;

and idea when these events will be completed?

Right now, I am not sure what to use with HTTPService when the first version will be released

Thanks!

Re: project using nightly build

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I would expect them to stay and work pretty much like they did in Flex.

In the nightly builds, you have to use the compiler option

+configname=flex

(yes, that’s a “+” and not a “-“) and the console output should show it loads flex-config.xml instead of royale-config.xml

HTH,
-Alex

From: Olivier Dion <ol...@ticketmaster.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 11:51 AM
To: "users@royale.apache.org" <us...@royale.apache.org>
Subject: RE: project using nightly build

Correct but in the nightly builds, I can’t access

    import mx.rpc.http.HTTPService;
    import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;
    import mx.rpc.events.FaultEvent;

should I be expecting these to go away?

Unlike Apache Flex, Apache Royale offers a choice of component sets.  There is a basic org.apache.royale.net.HTTPService with pay-as-you-go (PAYG) functionality.  There is an MXRoyale HTTPService that tries to emulate the Flex HTTPService.  If you are migrating Flex code, you will have to tweak your code more to use the basic version.

The basic HTTPService does not dispatch org.apache.royale.net.events.ResultEvent or FaultEvent, nor does it support Operations.  That makes it much more PAYG and lightweight, but then you have more work to do when migrating.

The MXRoyale HTTPService should support Operations that dispatch mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent.

HTH,
-Alex