Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by cs user <ac...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/10 17:00:39 UTC

Unable to compile 4.5 branch

Hi Folks,

I'd really appreciate some help with this if anyone can spare a moment....
:-)

So I've checked out the repo and got to this stage in git:

[csuser@localhost cloudstack]$ git status
# On branch origin/4.5
nothing to commit (working directory clean)

I've then done a mvn clean, and all is fine.

I've then tried to compile with the following command:

[csuser@localhost cloudstack]$ mvn -U -P impatient,developer
-Dmaven.test.skip=true -DskipTests

However I keep getting the following:

[INFO] Building Apache CloudStack Framework - Clustering 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
Downloading:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/cloudstack/cloud-api/4.5.3-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/cloudstack/cloud-api/4.5.3-SNAPSHOT/cloud-api-4.5.3-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar
SNIP
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project cloud-framework-cluster: Could
not resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-framework-cluster:jar:4.5.3-SNAPSHOT: Could not
find artifact org.apache.cloudstack:cloud-api:jar:tests:4.5.3-SNAPSHOT in
apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots) -> [Help 1]

This cloud-api-4.5.3-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar it mentions doesn't appear to exist
in the location it is trying to download it from. Just to note, I do seem
to be able to compile the master branch (4.6). That compiles and then
launches fine.

Is there a way around this issue for the 4.5 branch?

mvn -v shows:

Re: Unable to compile 4.5 branch

Posted by cs user <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Frank/Rohit,

Many thanks to you both for getting back to me, very much appreciated.

Running it without this:

Mvn.skip.tests=true

Appears to have fixed it for me... :-) Should have given it a try, I
thought having that in there would be helping to get past this issue.

So for anyone else who stumbles upon this thread, I managed to get it
compiled and running with the above command plus....

mvn -Pdeveloper -pl developer -Ddeploydb

mvn -Pdeveloper -pl developer -Ddeploydb-simulator

mvn -P simulator -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run

Which gets me a 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT version running :)

Thanks again guys.

Cheers!

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Can you try with:

[...]

[cid:9DD97B41-04C5-45F0-92A7-951F3E962F7A]

M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com>
Blog: bhaisaab.org<http://bhaisaab.org> | Twitter: @_bhaisaab

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Unable to compile 4.5 branch

Posted by Frank Maximus <fr...@nuagenetworks.net>.
Mvn.skip.tests=true will skip building the test jar. Running without that
option should work.

Regards,
Frank
Apologies, sent that too early, last bit should be :

Apache Maven 3.0.4 (r1232337; 2012-01-17 08:44:56+0000)
Maven home: /usr/local/apache-maven-3.0.4
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.75.x86_64/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "2.6.32-504.12.2.el6.x86_64", arch: "amd64",
family: "unix"

Thanks!

Posted by cs user <ac...@gmail.com>.