Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2010/12/09 08:55:25 UTC

Any idea why ws.rm.ServerPersistenceTest fails from time to time?

In the current jdk15 build the ServerPersistenceTest failed:
https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/A-F/view/CXF/job/CXF-Trunk-JDK15/org.apache.cxf.systests$cxf-systests-ws-specs/1550/testReport/org.apache.cxf.systest.ws.rm/ServerPersistenceTest/testRecovery/

In this build it could have to do with a change someone made. On windows
I have this test failing about half the time I do builds on my machine.
So I guess it could be a timing issue.
Does anyone have an idea what the cause is?

Best regards

Christian

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: Any idea why ws.rm.ServerPersistenceTest fails from time to time?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
On 2010-12-9, at 下午11:17, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> On Thursday 09 December 2010 2:55:25 am Christian Schneider wrote:
>> In the current jdk15 build the ServerPersistenceTest failed:
>> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/A-F/view/CXF/job/CXF-Trunk-JDK15/org
>> .
>> apache.cxf.systests$cxf-systests-ws-specs/1550/testReport/
>> org.apache.cxf.sy
>> stest.ws.rm/ServerPersistenceTest/testRecovery/
>>
>> In this build it could have to do with a change someone made. On
>> windows
>> I have this test failing about half the time I do builds on my
>> machine.
>> So I guess it could be a timing issue.
>> Does anyone have an idea what the cause is?
>
> I haven't figured it out yet either.   It's about 30% failure for
> me, but I
> haven't been able to reproduce it in eclipse at all or when I just
> run "mvn -
> Dtest=ServerPersistenceTest".   Thus, I'm not sure if it's a timing
> issue or a
> cleanup issue.   My gut feeling is the later.   I'm wondering if
> some test
> that SOMETIMES runs before it leaves a derby database in a bad state
> or
> something.
Just a quick note,
I can't reproduce in eclipse either, but I can reproduce it with "mvn
test -Dtest=ServerPersistenceTest", about 10 times to reproduce once
failure, need more investigation.

Freeman

--
Freeman Fang

------------------------

FuseSource: http://fusesource.com
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: Any idea why ws.rm.ServerPersistenceTest fails from time to time?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

Yeah, it's definitely a timing issue for me, especially for ws-rm
retransmission test need waiting for the retransmission done.
I can reproduce this problem on my box, but not as often as you see, I
run about 10 times to reproduce once, just create CXF-3179[1] to track
it and will investigate it later on.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-3179

Best Regards
Freeman