Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bipin Jethwani <je...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/18 14:34:19 UTC

Camel & ActiveMQ

I have jaasAuthenticationPlugin defined for my embedded activemq broker
instance (and it is working fine), and then I have camel context defined
with activemq component exposing many beans for remote invocation.
Now I noticed from other posts here that there are two ways to make camel
authenticate to broker,
1.	Setting username/password in ActiveMQComponent
2.	Setting username/password in ActiveMQConnectionFactory
My question is how does both the options differs, is the any performance
impact.

Thanks in advance.

-Bipin

Re: Camel & ActiveMQ

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
No performance impact. The component will use the factory under the covers.

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 6:34 AM, Bipin Jethwani <je...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have jaasAuthenticationPlugin defined for my embedded activemq broker
> instance (and it is working fine), and then I have camel context defined
> with activemq component exposing many beans for remote invocation.
> Now I noticed from other posts here that there are two ways to make camel
> authenticate to broker,
> 1.      Setting username/password in ActiveMQComponent
> 2.      Setting username/password in ActiveMQConnectionFactory
> My question is how does both the options differs, is the any performance
> impact.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Bipin

*Christian Posta*