Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/08/28 16:04:45 UTC

Fwd: Help (newbie needs help using Xalan on linux)

Not acked.
As always, Xalan questions are best answered on one of the mailing lists;
please do not send email to individual developers unless you have a
specific reason.

----- Forwarded by Shane Curcuruon 08/28/2002 10:03 AM -----
From: ruchi khatri <ru...@yahoo.com>

Hello Sir/Mam

I have downloaded  xalan-j_2_4_D1. Now can you help me
doing the further steps. Well i have jdk and jre(1.3)
versions on my linux machine.

How can I set the classpath and run build.sh script
When i run this it gives the following error
Xalan-J 2.x Build
-------------
build.sh: line 48: syntax error: unexpected end of
file

Can you please suggest me what I have to do next. How
can I install this xslt parser and run the stylesheet.

Waiting for the reply
Ruchi

Re: Fwd: Help (newbie needs help using Xalan on linux)

Posted by Elizabeth Barham <so...@yahoo.com>.
Shane Curcuru/CAM/Lotus <sh...@us.ibm.com> writes:

> Hello Sir/Mam
>

> I have downloaded  xalan-j_2_4_D1. Now can you help me
> doing the further steps. Well i have jdk and jre(1.3)
> versions on my linux machine.
>
> How can I set the classpath and run build.sh script
> When i run this it gives the following error
> Xalan-J 2.x Build
> -------------
> build.sh: line 48: syntax error: unexpected end of
> file
>
> Can you please suggest me what I have to do next. How
> can I install this xslt parser and run the stylesheet.

I don't know what the "build.sh: line 48" is in reference to, however
if you only want to run xalan-j then you should just download the
binary packages and not worry about building it. If you do want to
build it, however, you probably need ant.

To fix your classpath, just add the jar file onto it, and then it's a
matter of calling it:

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in XML-FILE -xsl XSL-FILE

Remember, .jar files should be included within the CLASSPATH (the
whole jar file, not just it's directory). If you have .jar files in
/usr/local/java-files, you can just do this:

CLASSPATH=. ; for i in /usr/local/java-files/*.jar ; \
        do CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$i ; done ; \
        export CLASSPATH

Elizabeth