Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Sergey Smirnov <si...@exadel.com> on 2005/07/21 22:01:02 UTC

[shale][clay] mapping attributes that are keywords

Along with the 'class' attribute that is currently mapped to the styleClass, I met two more attributs when I generated HTML Layout LIbrary ( http://www.jsftutorials.net/htmLib/ ). Those are "for" and "char". So, Clay need to have a naming convention for them also if idea "to map all attribute by default" will be selected (I will mention it in the separate post).

Re: [shale][clay] mapping attributes that are keywords

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On 7/21/05, Sergey Smirnov <si...@exadel.com> wrote:
> Along with the 'class' attribute that is currently mapped to the styleClass, I met two more attributs when I generated HTML Layout LIbrary ( http://www.jsftutorials.net/htmLib/ ). Those are "for" and "char". So, Clay need to have a naming convention for them also if idea "to map all attribute by default" will be selected (I will mention it in the separate post).

Perhaps, instead of a naming convention, a pluggable mapping API?
That's pretty much how it works for mapping view ids to ViewController
managed bean names, and would allow an application to customize the
replacement values used.

Craig