Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "webhiker@tiscali.fr" <we...@tiscali.fr> on 2004/01/20 13:13:18 UTC

No real way to deploy portlets?

Sorry if this question is missing something huge. I'm investigating
several portal frameworks, and with Jetspeed, I cannot find
any production orientated way to deploy portlets..
By this I mean excluding having to restart Tomcat, which is not really
an option in any normal operating environment.
I've seen some vague references in mailing lists to hot class loading,
so I'm assuming this is a close as I'll get?
Specifically is there any support, planned or existing, for deploying
portlets as war, ear or jar files?

Many thanks.
WH