Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/31 04:28:50 UTC

Re: Submitting code

Hi,

Basically, all PRs should be merged separately in a master branch. By the
same rule, if you have a big task which has several small tasks, all sub
tasks should be reviewed and merged separately with a complete small
function, even if it changes some behaviors.

Making branches help sometimes for some contributors but on the other hand,
it might not have a chance to be reviewed by others.

Regards,
JL

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: Submitting code

Posted by Xun Liu <ne...@163.com>.
Hi,Zeppelin PMC

I recommend creating a separate development branch.
The code submitted to this branch is still in accordance with zeppelin's specifications.

What do you think?

Re: Submitting code

Posted by "Morkovkin, Basil" <mo...@phystech.edu>.

Re: Submitting code

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.

________________________________

Re: Submitting code

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

If this work doesn’t block any others, I agree with making a develop
branch. BTW, is it possible to give permissions to non-committers against
some branches under the apache/zeppelin?

JL

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 18:17 Xun Liu <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
>
> In the Basil Morkovkin additional email, Basil Morkovkin proposed the idea
> of optimizing zeppelin's Scheduler.java.
> So the development of workflow, It is possible to refactor some of the
> code and processes of zeppelin.
> So I suggest also creating a development branch for workflow.
> I am developing with HOMAGNI GHOSH & Basil Morkovkin on this branch.
> All functions are developed, We will record a very detailed operation
> video.
> After everyone’s approval, Let's put the code in this development branch
> again.
> According to the consolidation of the ticket one by one into the master
> trunk branch.
>
> Because I am not familiar with the open source community workflow,
> So it brings some confusion to HOMAGNI GHOSH & Basil Morkovkin.
> I feel very sorry. I will work hard to assist HOMAGNI GHOSH & Basil
> Morkovkin in the development of Workflow.
>
> Jeff, please help me create a development branch called Workflow. Thank
> you!
> :-)
>
> Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> 于2019年3月31日周日 下午1:46写道:
>
>> Making a new branch make sense to me, if no objection, I will create a
>> branch for you.
>>

>> Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com> 于2019年3月31日周日 下午12:29写道:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Basically, all PRs should be merged separately in a master branch. By
>>> the same rule, if you have a big task which has several small tasks, all
>>> sub tasks should be reviewed and merged separately with a complete small
>>> function, even if it changes some behaviors.
>>>
>>> Making branches help sometimes for some contributors but on the other
>>> hand, it might not have a chance to be reviewed by others.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> JL

이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net