Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2006/11/16 01:06:02 UTC

Re: [s2] Requirements(O/T as relates to build environment for Struts2)

I need to build Struts2 so when I go to Struts-2 folder and execute mvn (2nd generation maven against pom.xml)
(I modified pom.xml to accomodate existing jars)

   <distributionManagement>
        <site>
            <id>apache-site</id>
            <!-- url>scp://people.apache.org/www/struts.apache.org/struts2/apps</url -->
            <url>scp://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts</url>
        </site>
    </distributionManagement>

so when I execute maven in folder where pom.xml is located

struts-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/src>mvn

struts-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT\src\core\src\main\java\org\apache\struts2\dispatcher\StrutsRequestWrapper.java:[74,79] incompatible types
found   : com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.ValueStack
required: com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack

struts-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT\src\core\src\main\java\org\apache\struts2\components\template\FreemarkerTemplateEngine.java:[48,26] cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable ClassLoaderUtil
location: class org.apache.struts2.components.template.FreemarkerTemplateEngine

struts-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT\src\core\src\main\java\org\apache\struts2\views\util\UrlHelper.java:[250,83] incompatible types
found   : com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.ValueStack
required: com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack

struts-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT\src\core\src\main\java\org\apache\struts2\sitemesh\VelocityPageFilter.java:[70,32]
createContext(com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack,javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse) in org.apache.struts2.views.velocity.VelocityManager cannot be applied to (com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.ValueStack,javax.servlet.http.Http
ServletRequest,javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse)

where to acquire com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.Ognl* classes?

Thanks,
Martin --

This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 11/16/06, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> here is the my distributionManagement to include in the xwork-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>
>      <distributionManagement>
>         <site>
>             <id>apache-site</id>
>             <!-- url>scp://people.apache.org/www/struts.apache.org/struts2/apps</url -->
>             <url>scp://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/struts</url>
>             <url>file://C:/Struts/Struts-2.0/struts-2.0.0/lib/xwork-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar</url>
>         </site>
>     </distributionManagement>
>
> I can rebuild the individual jars (struts2-core-2.0.1.jar) but I dont see any option to rebuild the web archives
> specifically struts2-showcase-2.0.1.war

<distributionManagement><site> has to do with publishing the project
website... this change won't do what you intended.

Is there some reaon you need to use 2.0.0?  Struts 2.0.1 was voted
beta quality and is available from the download page.
http://struts.apache.org/downloads.html

--
Wendy

Re: [s2] Requirements(O/T as relates to build environment for Struts2)

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
I unzipped to struts-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT\src
and modified the pom.xml distributionManagement task as follows from

            <!-- url>scp://people.apache.org/www/struts.apache.org/struts2/apps</url -->
to--

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.