Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Alan Wilson <li...@hotmail.com> on 2013/01/09 20:04:39 UTC

QA Volunteerism

Good afternoon all.  My name is Alan Wilson and I live in Southeast Arkansas in the USA. I am a physician by profession but have been involved with computers since before there were computers.  I have dabbled with Linux but have never really pulled the trigger because I didn't think there were apps available to make it a fulltime move.  I also wanted to contribute to the Linux community, but am not a proficient programmer.  In looking at the OpenOffice website, I thought I had found someplace where I might be able to contribute.  Right now I am working on the tutorials and wanted to start with an introduction.

Sincerely,

Alan Wilson

" You learn something new everyday."
"That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

Re: QA Volunteerism

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello Alan --

And thanks for your introduction. We would certainly welcome your
participation in the QA efforts. As for LInux and apps. I made this
cut-over about 12 years ago, and have never looked back! At any rate,
OpenOffice works on a variety of platforms. And, there are MANY ways to
contribute here.

Look around, and have fun!

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Alan Wilson <li...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Good afternoon all.  My name is Alan Wilson and I live in Southeast
> Arkansas in the USA. I am a physician by profession but have been involved
> with computers since before there were computers.  I have dabbled with
> Linux but have never really pulled the trigger because I didn't think there
> were apps available to make it a fulltime move.  I also wanted to
> contribute to the Linux community, but am not a proficient programmer.  In
> looking at the OpenOffice website, I thought I had found someplace where I
> might be able to contribute.  Right now I am working on the tutorials and
> wanted to start with an introduction.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Alan Wilson
>
> " You learn something new everyday."
> "That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                                                         --
Aesop

Re: QA Volunteerism

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
Greetings from the middle of Ohio :-)

Welcome to the team!

If you are interested in documentation, be sure to subscribe to the doc
list as well

On 01/09/2013 02:04 PM, Alan Wilson wrote:
> Good afternoon all.  My name is Alan Wilson and I live in Southeast Arkansas in the USA. I am a physician by profession but have been involved with computers since before there were computers.  I have dabbled with Linux but have never really pulled the trigger because I didn't think there were apps available to make it a fulltime move.  I also wanted to contribute to the Linux community, but am not a proficient programmer.  In looking at the OpenOffice website, I thought I had found someplace where I might be able to contribute.  Right now I am working on the tutorials and wanted to start with an introduction.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Alan Wilson
>
> " You learn something new everyday."
> "That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php