Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sidart Kurias <si...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/01 19:50:59 UTC

Correct structure to get multiproject:site to work

All

I apologise for the long post.
I am struggling to get the multiproject site goal to
work. All the other goals work fine, jar:install,
compile checkout etc. and haven't been able to find an
answer to the problem on the lists
..
My project structure is  as follows

Main Project(Master)

||Common-build (parent)
|||project.xml
|||project.properties
|||maven.xml (only a clean goal is present)
||Modules
|||Project n
||maven.xml(a custom goal to send email)
||project.xml
||project.properties

All the subprojects inherit the parent project's
pom.i.e from common-build

Given this hierarchy I cannot seem to get multiproject
site to generate a site for me.
I have struggled with the dashboard plugin and gave up
on getting that to work for now:-(.
Perhaps the issue is related to the one described
below.

I have set up certain properties in the master
project's properties file and in the common (parent)
project's properties file. I am not clear in which of
these two files, the properties are to be set.

One issue that is not clear to me is does the
multiproject plugin consider paths relative to the
a> current directory that maven is executing(i.e
{maven.basedir} ) or
b>relative to the multiproject.basedir property value
or
c>relative to the directory  in which the
project.properties file is that specifies the
multiproject property values.

The error I get is

you must exclude 'projectname' (the top level project)
from the subproject set.
But if I do that where do I run the multiproject
report or the dashboard report from?

I have included both the project.properties file here.
If someone could please explain to me which properties
go where and why I would greatly appreciate it. I
would eventually like to get everything
working (including the dashboard) from cruisecontrol.

But that can wait for now.

Thanks

Note: The multiproject properties are active only in
one file at a time, the values in the other file are
commented out

Master project.properties
--------------------------

maven.basedir=.
maven.build.dir=${basedir}/target/
maven.docs.dest=docs/
maven.scm.checkout.dir=${basedir}/checkout/

maven.dashboard.runreactor=false
maven.dashboard.aggregators=junittests,junitfailures,juniterrors,junitpassrate,jcoverageloc,jcoveragelipc

maven.release.name.bin=${pom.artifactId}-${pom.currentVersion}-bin
maven.release.distribution.categories=shared:lib

maven.cruisecontrol.home=../cruisecontrol
maven.cruisecontrol.checkout.dir=${maven.scm.checkout.dir}
maven.cruisecontrol.mail.host=valid server name
maven.cruisecontrol.build.dir=${maven.build.dir}

#maven.multiproject.basedir=./
#maven.multiproject.excludes=common-build/project.xml
#maven.multiproject.includes=**/project.xml
maven.multiproject.site.goals=site
maven.multiproject.overviewPage.create=true
maven.multiproject.overviewPage.title=Overview of
Plugins
maven.multiproject.overviewPage.link=projects-overview
maven.multiproject.overviewPage.linkTitle=Overview of
Plugins
maven.multiproject.aggregateDir=target/
maven.multiproject.navigation=aggregate

Common-build project.properties
------------------------------

maven.dashboard.rungoals=false

maven.xdoc.date=right

maven.test.failure.ignore=true
maven.junit.fork=yes
junit.haltonfailure=false
jtestcase.script.validation=false;

maven.repo.remote = file:/mnt/projects/repository
maven.repo.list=internal
maven.repo.internal=file:///mnt/projects/
maven.repo.internal.directory=repository

maven.multiproject.basedir=../../
maven.multiproject.includes=**/project.xml
maven.multiproject.excludes=../../common-build/project.xml
maven.multiproject.site.goals=site
maven.multiproject.overviewPage.create=true
maven.multiproject.overviewPage.title=Overview of
Plugins
maven.multiproject.overviewPage.link=projects-overview
maven.multiproject.overviewPage.linkTitle=Overview of
Plugins
maven.multiproject.aggregateDir=target/
maven.multiproject.navigation=aggregate

The master project's  project.xml has the following
report entries

 <report>maven-multiproject-plugin</report>

 <!--report>maven-dashboard-plugin</report!-->

The common-build project.xml has the following

    <reports>
        <report>maven-file-activity-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-changelog-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-changes-plugin</report>

<report>maven-developer-activity-plugin</report>

        <!--report>maven-junit-report-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-jcoverage-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-pmd-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-jxr-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-pmd-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-jdepend-plugin</report!-->
 </reports>