Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/13 19:42:51 UTC

Does JMeter support these types of test cases?

Hi,

First I would like to thank the JMeter Team for producing such a great tool. I have used HP Performance Center and I am looking into JMeter to do the following:

1. Record/replay Web Start client that uses RMI or JAX_WS
2. Write java code that can be compiled/run by JMeter.

After downloading the tool I have one question:

1. I tried a HTTP request and it looks as if it does not do any subsequent requests that are a part of the response such as images for example. Is there a way to do that? Seems you can not judge user experience without that capability.

I am sure I will have other questions as I dig into the tool some more.

Thanks,
-Tony

Re: Does JMeter support these types of test cases?

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
1. JMeter should be able to record anything your browser does (using the
HTTP Proxy), so webservice calls yes, never tried RMI calls.
2. What do you mean? You can write Beanshell tests that can run arbitrary
java code (plus plugins for junit tests etc).You could also write your own
sampler

There is a checkbox called download embedded resources with the HTTPRequest
which can download linked images, css etc. But for say javascripted urls
(e.g. AJAX, you probably need to do a little more work either using regex
extractors or I believe HTML Link processors)