Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/02/06 19:29:17 UTC

[Discuss] REST API Availability based on the Availability of SM, CC and AS

Hi Devs,

Currently at the server startup REST API becomes available even before SM,
CC and AS are active and available. On the other hand if one of the
components becomes unavailable after starting the server API calls may fail
in the middle while trying to serve requests. The downside is, this may
cause inconsistencies in the system.

May we need to handle this properly. I would like to propose to handle this
by intoducing a request handler in the REST API which could check the
availability of SM, CC and AS on each external API call. If one of the
components are unavailable API call can be rejected. For this SM, CC and AS
can expose a service method to check the status in their SOAP services.
WDYT?

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] REST API Availability based on the Availability of SM, CC and AS

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
A good point Udara, if we are implementing transactions we may need to
manually handle each process.

Thanks