Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org> on 2004/10/03 06:43:58 UTC

What's the POINT?

Wanted to share a recent email that I got, that SpamAssassin didn't pick
up on as being spam.  I have one crucial question afterwards.

Begin Email:

From danm@prime.gushi.org Sat Oct  2 23:51:48 2004
From: "Blake I. McFadden" <da...@prime.gushi.org>
To: <da...@prime.gushi.org>
Subject: More info on a rock hard er�ction inside.
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:49:05 +0900
  see the website.
Click here to view the site.
Click this to view the page.
(c)lick here for the website.
(c)lick for the website.
(p)ress here to see the website.
(P)ress here to visit the website.
(C)lick this to find out more info.
(c)l;ck this to find out more info.
(C)L;CK here for more informat/on.
(c)lick here for m ore  i n f ormation.
Cli;ck here for m ore  i n f ormation.
Press here to visit the webpage.
Press here to see the deals we have.
Cl;ick here to see just what we have.
Visit the website by pressing here.
Visit the phar m a cy by pressing here.
Visit our webpage by (c)licking he

End Spam

Why am I sending to the list?  Well, because I can't even find a point to
the damned mail.  There are no valid links.  No URL's.  No HREF's.  No
phone numbers.  No nothing.  This is as it appears in "raw" mode in pine.
I even tail'd my mailbox to be sure there was nothing the mailer was
hiding.  They forged my address so there's not even something to imply a
site from there.

WHAT THE HECK IS THE POINT TO EVEN SENDING THE EMAIL OUT?

*sighs and sends it to spamassassin -r*

--

"I am a professional drinker, and I know that that was NOT Jose Cuervo!"

"Well, what was it then?"

"I think it was some mixture of Rubbing Alcohol, and Desenex(TM) Foot
Powder, because my feet feel okay, and my back doesn't hurt, but my
stomach is killing me!"

-Dan Mahoney, Costa Rica, August 12th, 1994

> Wanted to share a recent email that I got, that SpamAssassin didn't
> pick up on as being spam.  I have one crucial question afterwards.
>
> Begin Email:
>
> From danm@prime.gushi.org Sat Oct  2 23:51:48 2004
> From: "Blake I. McFadden" <da...@prime.gushi.org>
> To: <da...@prime.gushi.org>
> Subject: More info on a rock hard erRction inside.
> Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:49:05 +0900
>   see the website.
> Click here to view the site.
> Click this to view the page.
> (c)lick here for the website.
> (c)lick for the website.
> (p)ress here to see the website.
> (P)ress here to visit the website.
> (C)lick this to find out more info.
> (c)l;ck this to find out more info.
> (C)L;CK here for more informat/on.
> (c)lick here for m ore  i n f ormation.
> Cli;ck here for m ore  i n f ormation.
> Press here to visit the webpage.
> Press here to see the deals we have.
> Cl;ick here to see just what we have.
> Visit the website by pressing here.
> Visit the phar m a cy by pressing here.
> Visit our webpage by (c)licking he
>
> End Spam
>
> Why am I sending to the list?  Well, because I can't even find a
> point to the damned mail.  There are no valid links.  No URL's.  No
> HREF's.  No phone numbers.  No nothing.  This is as it appears in
> "raw" mode in pine. I even tail'd my mailbox to be sure there was
> nothing the mailer was hiding.  They forged my address so there's not
> even something to imply a site from there.
>
> WHAT THE HECK IS THE POINT TO EVEN SENDING THE EMAIL OUT?
>
> *sighs and sends it to spamassassin -r*

Bayes poisoning possibly?

Mike