Posted to user@ant.apache.org by mechlife <ga...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/15 18:12:15 UTC

copy task and file name case problem

Hi,

I am having this weird issue which has me stumped and don’t know where to
look further.

It’s the standard <copy> task  and I have a fileset.

<copy todir="${build.src}" verbose="true" >
                  <fileset dir="${basedir}/../src">
                        <include name="**/*.java" />
                  </fileset>

What is happening is the java files when they get copied to the target
directory lose the casesensitive filename and obviously the subsequent
compile fails.

RE: copy task and file name case problem

Posted by mechlife <ga...@gmail.com>.
I had got that checked and went through the speel of restarting the box but
it was still giving me problems. since you provided the same direction i
tried again and it works..woot!!

should have done this earlier but for the future if anyone runs into the
same problem.

Clearcase is hosted on a linux box and I have my eclipse workspace on
windows. The source files resides on a CC view and is gettting copied to
another location in the view.

thanks for your help.

_____________

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <sf...@nc.rr.com>.
What platform are you running this on?

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009, mechlife wrote:

> to take an example what is happening is if the file name is MyJavaClass.java
> when it gets copied it changes to myjavaclass.java.
>
> ty
>

> Avlesh Singh wrote:
>>

>>> What is happening is the java files when they get copied to the target
>>> directory lose the casesensitive filename ...
>>

>> I could not understand this. Do you mean to say that *.java files are
>> getting copied but not the *.JAVA files? If yes, then that might happen
>> depending on your underlying operating system. On a windows platform it
>> would work as you expect it to but not on unix.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Avlesh
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:42 PM, mechlife <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am having this weird issue which has me stumped and don’t know where to
>>> look further.
>>>
>>> It’s the standard <copy> task  and I have a fileset.
>>>
>>> <copy todir="${build.src}" verbose="true" >
>>>                  <fileset dir="${basedir}/../src">
>>>                        <include name="**/*.java" />
>>>                  </fileset>
>>>

>>> What is happening is the java files when they get copied to the target
>>> directory lose the casesensitive filename and obviously the subsequent
>>> compile fails.
>>>

>>> Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>>>

>>> --

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549

252-478-8087 (Home)
919-890-8117 (Work)

Re: copy task and file name case problem

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.
Sounds really weird and cannot be justified in context of the copy task.
Try the copy with overwrite="true" parameter. My guess is that because of
some old exercise your files exist in the target directory with lowercase
names. The copy task, by default, does not copy a file to the target
directory unless it is modified. The "overwrite" parameter will force a
copy.

Alternatively, you may try clearing the target directory before running the
copy task (to get rid of existing lowercase name files).
In all my suggestions, I have assumed that you are on the windows platform.

If the problem persists, please post more details including your operating
platform and Ant version.

Cheers
Avlesh

Posted by mechlife <ga...@gmail.com>.