Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Randy J. Ray" <rj...@redhat.com> on 2001/06/06 01:30:47 UTC

Practical examples of mod_perl Method handlers?

Are there any CPAN modules for Apache that are examples of writing a method
handler? The docs in the manpage, the book, and the mod_perl guide are
pretty much all the same (brief) text. A good example would help a great
deal. Thanks.

Randy
Randy J. Ray     | Buy a copy of a baby naming book and you'll never be at a
rjray@redhat.com | loss for variable names. Fred is a wonderful name, and easy
+1 408 543-9482  | to type. --Roedy Green, "How To Write Unmaintainable Code"

The forbidden question...

Posted by Andrew Lietzow <an...@hostahaven.com>.
Hello mod_perl gurus,
Unfortunately, I guess it's time for me to get off the list for a while.
Not enough time during my busy season to devote to getting my mod_perl
application working.  Maybe once the snow flies again....

I've tried twice to sign off but to no avail.  I'm going to have to ask the
forbidden question--how does one unsubscribe?   Preferably, a URL so I can
avoid being castigated... :-)

Andrew Lietzow
#1 Plantsman at http://HostaHaven.com
1250 41st Street
Des Moines, IA 50311-2516

The ACL Group, Inc.
mailto:andrewl@microanswers.net

Re: Practical examples of mod_perl Method handlers?

Posted by will trillich <wi...@serensoft.com>.
On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 04:30:47PM -0700, Randy J. Ray wrote:
> Are there any CPAN modules for Apache that are examples of writing a method
> handler? The docs in the manpage, the book, and the mod_perl guide are
> pretty much all the same (brief) text. A good example would help a great
> deal. Thanks.

you could go to the source (may the schwartz be with you)
for an neat mod_perl concept -- tracking web hits via SQL
database...

http://webtechniques.com/archives/2000/04/perl/index.shtml

i originaly did cut-and-paste and the sucker nearly worked
for me right out of the box. i've since tweaked the heck out of
it, for my own nefarious purposes...

#95: We are waking up and linking to each other. We are watching. But
we are not waiting.  -- www.cluetrain.com

will@serensoft.com

Re: Practical examples of mod_perl Method handlers?

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Randy J. Ray wrote:

> Are there any CPAN modules for Apache that are examples of writing a method
> handler? The docs in the manpage, the book, and the mod_perl guide are
> pretty much all the same (brief) text. A good example would help a great
> deal. Thanks.

I think this is what you need:

http://take23.org/articles/2001/01/08/intro.xml

--
<Matt/>

     \\//
     //\\
    //  \\

Re: Practical examples of mod_perl Method handlers?

Posted by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu>.
rjray@redhat.com (Randy J. Ray) wrote:
>Are there any CPAN modules for Apache that are examples of writing a
>method handler? The docs in the manpage, the book, and the mod_perl
>guide are pretty much all the same (brief) text. A good example would
>help a great deal. Thanks.

Apache::AuthCookie uses method handlers.  Several subclasses of it also
exist, like Apache::AuthTicket, Apache::AuthCookieDBI, and whatever DIY
module you build to use AuthCookie itself.

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum