Posted to users@camel.apache.org by SwenVogel <sw...@ypsystems.de> on 2009/12/10 08:07:39 UTC

Call local application

Hi,

is there possibility to call an local application when an new message
arrives?

The use case is very simple i pool for files with the ftp component or
receive files with the jetty component and when new files are present
i want's to route the message to some processing routes store the
message to an local file and finally call an local application
with the filename as an parameter.

Thanks...

Re: Call local application

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
You may just want to use a bean for that.
http://camel.apache.org/bean-integration.html

Hadrian

Re: Call local application

Posted by Andreas Prieß <ap...@metaphysis.net>.
Claus Ibsen wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:12 AM, SwenVogel <sw...@ypsystems.de> wrote:
>> Yes that's right,
>>
>> i just thought perhaps there is already some kind of "camel - way" to do
>> this.
>> So, i will write a consumer component that is capable of creating an local
>> input file from an message and than calling the application with optional
>> parameters.
>>

> Yeah we dont have a component for calling external applications. But
> we love contributions but as calling an external application often is
> very different per use case its might not that easy to create
> something that can be used by many others.
>
> I even think ANT have a great API for calling external applications.

For calling external applications from Java one might want to have a
look at Jakarta Commons Exec:

http://commons.apache.org/exec/

FAQ says: "The code was ported from Ant and extensively tested on
various platforms."

Re: Call local application

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus