Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2002/10/30 04:57:52 UTC

[XSP:util] Formatting Date to String....

Hi,

I saw that in XSP there is a logicsheet called util. There is a function tag
called:

<util:time>

This tag also has a format attribute, that let define the format of the
output.

I am now "playing" with reports of a database. I figured I need a similar
function to format the date of the reports for output.... This is why I want
to extend this tag to not only provide format of the current date, but also
of any date.....

We can write for example:

<util:time date="29-Oct-2002" format="yyyy-MMM-dd"/>

What about this?

I am asking to You [ as in the mailing list was denoted to refer to the "not
singular" you  ;-) ], before I will send this new "enhancement", because I
saw my prior improvement in session.xsl stayed only in bugzilla as
"enhancement 13070" [some people already use it, :-D ). and want to be sure
that my 2 cents will find a place into the Cocoon project for new people like
me that try to go into this great new technology.

Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [XSP:util] Formatting Date to String....

Posted by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
El Miércoles, 30 de Octubre de 2002 05:17, Enke, Michael escribió:
> Antonio Gallardo Rivera wrote:
> > El Miércoles, 30 de Octubre de 2002 02:00, Enke, Michael escribió:
> > > There is a place where all this is done for formatting dates, numbers,
> > > currencies, percentages depending on the requests locale:
> > > I18nTransformer
> >
> > What about XSP? :)
>
> Nothing against this! But only to show where it is already.

I know :)

Antonio.

Posted by "Enke, Michael" <mi...@wincor-nixdorf.com>.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.

Posted by "Enke, Michael" <mi...@wincor-nixdorf.com>.

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 29.Oct.2002 -- 09:57 PM, Antonio Gallardo Rivera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw that in XSP there is a logicsheet called util. There is a function tag
> called:
>
> <util:time>
>
> This tag also has a format attribute, that let define the format of the
> output.
>
> I am now "playing" with reports of a database. I figured I need a similar
> function to format the date of the reports for output.... This is why I want
> to extend this tag to not only provide format of the current date, but also
> of any date.....

The esql:get-date tag takes a format attribute as well.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de